2013 Annual conference – presentations and pics
The annual conference was a successful event. With a day of presentations, learning and networking we hope you thoroughly enjoyed it and able to walk away with a wealth of new knowledge and friendships. Below we have provided links for the presentations where we have permission to distribute.
Below are some happy snaps from the day.
- Lightweighting: Dr Randy Meirowitz, President and Consultant, RnD Technical Solutions Inc
- Melt-spinning of piezo-active PVDF fibres: Dr Kevin Magniez, Research Fellow in composites, Institute for Frontier Materials, Deakin University
- Project Gossamer-the commercialisation of active nanofibres
Dr Louis Kyratzis, Stream Leader in Sustainable High Performance Materials in the Future Manufacturing National Research Flagship, CSIRO &
Dr Paul Cacioli, Technical Manager, Textor Technologies
- Development of an electro-spinning system for nano-fibres: Dr Jian Fang, Research Fellow, Institute for Frontier Materials, Deakin University
- Flame resistant protective workwear-It’s a growing market: Mr Nigel Parsons, Product Manager, Charles Parsons & Co P/L
- Improving comfort properties of protective clothing: Dr Shadi Houshyar, Research Fellow, Centre for Advanced Materials and Performance Textiles, RMIT University
- Developing bio feedstock for polyesters: Dr Mike O’Shea, Principal Research Scientist, CSIRO Materials Science and Engineering
- The use of fibres in infrastructure – retrofitting the Westgate Bridge Project: Dr Robin Kalfat, Structural Engineer, Structural Systems Limited
- Sowing a seed in barren soil. Will the principles of “Lean” work in your enterprise?:Mr Frank Oxley, Training Director, Fortunity Training
- Accessing the national workforce development fund: Mr Nick Juniper, Workforce Development Manager, Manufacturing Skills Australia